Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience Courses with Birmingham MindPosted on 05-05-2017 by Adam Carver
Birmingham LGBT in Partnership with Birmingham Mind are running a FREE one day workshop on Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience in June and a longer six week course of weekly sessions designed to build up emotional resilience and improve wellbeing. These sessions will be facilitated by Emma Marks, Community Development Worker from Birmingham Mind. Full details about the courses can be found below, booking is essential (details at the bottom of this page).
“Absolutely fantastic.. I learnt coping strategies, ways of being calmer and how to have a more rational approach to life.. I hope to stay in touch with the ladies I met.” – Feedback from participant on previous Birmingham Mind & Birmingham LGBT courses.
WHAT: Introduction to Emotional Wellbeing (One Day Course)
WHEN: Sunday 4th June
WHERE: Birmingham LGBT Centre
Aim : An introduction to emotional wellbeing and “taster” in tools and techniques that support it.
• The participants will have an understanding of what emotional wellbeing, resilience and mental health are.
• The participants will be introduced to a few tools and techniques for stress reduction
• The participants will learn about the five ways to wellbeing and how they can be implemented into their lifestyle.
– Exploring what is meant by stress, emotional resilience, mental health problems and emotional wellbeing
– Look at factors external and internal that may lead to stress
– Introduction to some tools and techniques for stress reduction
– Practice some tools and techniques for stress reduction
WHAT: Building Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience (Six-Week Course)
WHEN: June 13th (tues), 19th (mon), 27th (tues), & July 4th (tues), 11th (tues), 18th (tues)
WHERE: Birmingham LGBT Centre
Aim: To increase awareness and understanding about how to increase emotional wellbeing and resilience
Will give participants the opportunity to reflect on what helps and hinders their own wellbeing and how they can work towards introducing tools and techniques that will increase their resilience and wellbeing in a more personalised way.
By the end of the six sessions participants will come away with their own personalised wellbeing and resilience action plan
• The participants will be able to reflect on what helps and hinders their own wellbeing
• For participants to be introduced to some tools and techniques for wellbeing and resilience
• For participants to recognise and challenge distorted and negative thoughts
• For participants to practice tools and techniques and reflect and feedback on their effectiveness
• For participants to create their own individualised plan to support their emotional wellbeing
• Introduction to the continuous cycle of emotions
• Resilience tools and Mindfulness exercises
• Stress awareness tools and techniques
• Peer Support : Opportunities for attendees to share their own tools and techniques with the group if they so wish and offer support to each other.
To book onto either of these courses please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment. Please note, that it is possible to attend both the day course and the six week course.