Join Emma from Birmingham Mind for a month’s Emotional Wellbeing Course for LGBT Women.
We are all aware of what is good for our physical health; five fruit and veg a day, reducing sugar and salt consumption, exercising regularly etc. However, many of us are not aware of some very simple tools and techniques that we can put in place to support our emotional and mental health.
This is a FREE course that explores clinically proven tools and techniques that are good for your emotional health. All sessions will take place on the following dates at the Birmingham LGBT Centre:
- Saturday July 30th 11-4pm (Free Lunch provided)
- Wednesday 10th August 6-8.30pm
- Tuesday 16th August 6-8.30pm
- Wednesday 31st August 6-8.30pm
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THIS COURSE?
- to have an understanding of what emotional wellbeing and resilience are
- to be introduced to some tools and techniques for wellbeing and resilience
- to recognise and challenge distorted and negative thoughts
- to explore what helps and hinders your own wellbeing
- to create your own plan to support your own wellbeing and resilience
WHO IS RUNNING THE COURSE?
This course is being organised by Birmingham LGBT and Birmingham Mind. It will be faciliated by Emma Marks from Birmingham Mind. Emma has worked in mental health for nearly twenty years. Over the last six years she has worked for Mind in both Dudley and now Birmingham. She has worked with a variety of different community groups focusing on what keeps us emotionally fit and resilient.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for women only and primarily around building emotional fitness rather than dealing with any longstanding emotional issues or current mental health problems.
To reserve a place on this course or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org