Birmingham LGBT is seeking to recruit a trustee with HR experience
Birmingham LGBT is a dynamic award winning charity which delivers services to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans community in Birmingham and the wider West Midlands.
Our vision is a vibrant, diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans community in Birmingham, in which individuals can realise their full potential and have equal access to what the city has to offer.
The charity has been through a rapid period of organisational growth, opening the country’s first LGBT health and wellbeing centre in 2013 and embedding new sexual health services in 2015.
We are currently seeking to appoint a trustee (voluntary) with HR experience at an appropriate level. Please note that the charity contracts an HR provider for day to day HR support and we are looking for an experienced and senior candidate, ideally with board experience.
General trustee responsibilities
- Ensure that the charity complies with charity law, with the requirements of the Charity Commission as our regulator and does not breach any requirements or rules set out in our governing documents.
- Assist with providing strategic oversight and input into the operation of the charity.
- To contribute specific professional skills and expertise as required.
- To work closely with the Director of Birmingham LGBT.
- Act as an ambassador for Birmingham LGBT.
- Assist the management team and board of trustees with HR issues and advise on what policies should be put in place and how.
- With the Director be responsible for communicating HR issues to the board and give expert advice where appropriate.
- Develop, improve and participate (when required) in the charity recruitment and selection processes
- Monitor, identify and interpret any future relevant HR trends for the Board
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role further please contact Andrew Hitches-Davies, Chair of Trustees, by email at email@example.com.