Activate’s Final Fabulous Summer of SportPosted on 25-05-2018 by Sarah Hinksman
Activate’s Final Fabulous Summer of Sport is on its way.
After four fantastic years, the Sport England-funded Activate programme at Birmingham LGBT will come to an end on 31st July 2018.
We’re finishing with some brilliant free events for you! Don’t miss out on your last opportunities to take part in LGBT exclusive activities this June and July!
- The Day of Dance with the Birmingham Royal Ballet: your chance to try ballroom, ballet, contemporary and commercial dance on 17th June. Give one a go, or take part in them all for a whole Day of Dance.
- Paddle with Pride at Edgbaston Reservoir: four ways to enjoy the water – kayaking, rowing, stand up paddleboarding and canoeing – on 15th and 28th July. Can you tick them all off this summer?
- Go high with Trans and non-binary indoor climbing at Redpoint on 2nd June.
- Get cycling every Saturday in June: easy led rides and tuition for beginners, June 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th.
- There’s something for more experienced road cyclists too: a led cycle ride to Stratford-upon-Avon on Saturday 23rd June.
- Join our touchtennis sessions in Cannon Hill Park, to get you started with this fun activity: Sundays 10th, 17th, 24th June and 1st, 8th, 15th July, all at 2pm.
- And a trans and non-binary football session at Aston Villa on 24th June.
…alongside our continuing programme of fitness classes and activities at the Birmingham LGBT centre; plus badminton, rugby, football, swimming and water polo, running and walking with the city’s fantastic LGBT sports groups.
- Start out running with the Birmingham Swifts: their free course to get you covering 5k, starts 9th June at 10:30am in Cannon Hill Park. Contact email@example.com to find out more or register your interest.
Also check out:
- The Move in Movies Performances: Friday 6th July and Saturday 7th July.
- Our closing conference: LGBT+ Inclusion in Sport on Friday 13th July at Villa Park.
- And Touch My Brum, touch rugby tournament hosted by the Birmingham Bulls on Saturday 21st July.
From August onwards, whilst the full programme will come to an end, we hope to continue running a limited programme of fitness classes and sessions in the Vault studio at the Birmingham LGBT Centre. Keep an eye on Twitter for the latest information, or ask at the centre.
Massive thanks to Sport England and to everyone who has been involved, taken part, volunteered, coached or instructed!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.