Get your Monday Workout at the Birmingham LGBT CentrePosted on 04-12-2017 by Sarah Hinksman
Last scheduled class Monday 30 July 2018.
The Birmingham LGBT Centre offers a range of different exercise classes on site, taught by professional instructors but completely free to attend. This includes our Super Monday Workout session to help banish any Monday blues.*
Each week, Sakina (pictured) takes you through different exercises, tailored to your individual level of fitness.
The class includes a warm up, structured cardio session, strengthening and toning, a cool down and stretch, all guided by her expert instruction, so whether you are completely new to exercise classes or a seasoned pro, you are offered the right workout for you.
Sakina says: “I am thoroughly enjoying leading the Monday Workout at the Birmingham LGBT Centre and it’s great to see everyone enjoying the class, having fun and getting fitter. I pride myself on my fun and friendly approach, so come and join us – the more, the merrier!”
Classes are held in the ‘Vault’ Fitness Studio in the Birmingham LGBT Centre from 6-7pm.
You can come along to a class whenever you like. It’s a good idea to arrive a little before the start time especially the first time as there are a couple of forms to complete.
Follow us on Twitter for updates about classes and occasional unavoidable cancellations.
*Banishment of Monday blues not guaranteed…but we will try
- If it’s your first time coming to one of our classes, come along a few minutes early to sign in and find the Vault.
- When you arrive, come through the main doors and press the buzzer beside the door on your right – let them know you’re here for the class and in you come.
- Wear something you can get sweaty and move around in.
- There are changing facilities and toilets, but not showers, at the centre.
- It’s a good idea to bring a bottle of water. There’s a water fountain just outside the studio.
- This class was funded by the Activate project, supported by Sport England.
- Occasionally there have to be changes to classes so do follow us on Twitter for the latest information.