Bollywood Dance Classes for FitFebPosted on 06-11-2017 by Sarah Hinksman
Tell a story, learn to dance and have a great workout at the same time with Bollywood Dancing as part of our Fitness February programme.
The classes take place on Saturdays 10th and 24th February, 4:30-6pm in The Vault Fitness Studio, Birmingham LGBT Centre, 38/40 Holloway Circus, B1 1EQ
Our Bollywood dance teacher, Sneha, says: “I have immense respect, and have learnt a lot from different dance forms – but what I love about, and what keeps bringing me back to Bollywood is, that it has an element of fun and storytelling to it. At the end of learning a routine, you don’t just learn the moves and have a fantastic workout, but you’ve devised a piece, a performance! The music always help brighten your mood, and encourages everyone, irrespective of abilities to join in!”
See what fun you are in for by checking out videos on Twitter @SnehaSingh
You don’t need to book – just turn up.
Further information (for those who like detail!)
- If it’s your first time coming to one of our classes, come along a few minutes early to sign in and find your way.
- When you arrive, come through the main doors and press the buzzer beside the door on the right – let them know you’re here for bollywood dancing.
- Wear something you can get sweaty and move around in.
- There are changing facilities and toilets, but not showers, at the centre.
- It’s a good idea to bring a bottle of water. There’s a water fountain just outside the Vault fitness studio.
- This class and FitFeb is funded by the Activate project, supported by Sport England.
- Occasionally there have to be changes to the timetable so do follow us on Twitter for the latest information.
Take a look at the rest of our FitFeb programme and plan your month of activity:
Got questions? Send them to email@example.com