Ageing with Pride Campaign Manager
TO APPLY PLEASE DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION PACK >>>
Ageing with Pride Campaign Manager
Salary: NJC Salary Scale NJC point 29 – 31, £25,951 to £27,668 (21 hours pro rata) (£14,729) Plus up to 5% matched pension contributions
Based: Based in Central Birmingham, though travel to sites in Birmingham and Solihull will be required.
Terms: 15 months fixed term. 21 hours per week, with some and weekend work, 25 days annual leave entitlement pro rata.
Responsible to: Wellbeing Services Manager
To develop, manage the delivery of the Ageing with Pride campaign as part of the Ageing better Birmingham Local area plan.
To raise Ageing with Pride’s profile and build its reputation and trust amongst the target market through a variety of communication channels in line with the communications and marketing strategy.
To work alongside the network enabler and all key stakeholder to ensure effective delivery of Ageing with Pride.
Main areas of responsibility include:
Campaigns & Strategy
- To plan, budget and deliver the Ageing with Pride campaign across the agreed marketing channels – within the approved budget.
- To implement the Communications and Marketing plan and budget in line with Ageing with Pride’s strategic objectives.
- To manage PR opportunities events and media appearances as part of the Ageing with Pride campaign.
- To collect and collate evaluation data.
- To work with the external and internal evaluators for the project
- To engage with the national evaluation for Ageing better
- To recruit and support Ageing with Pride campaign ambassadors
- To promote the campaign to existing Ageing better networks both LGBT and non LGBT
- Develop broader networks for the dissemination and amplification of campaign materials and messages.
- To develop and edit marketing, communications that appropriately target the intended audience.
- To work with creatives, producers and printers in the creation of marketing and communications materials.
- To ensure that all communications and marketing materials are professional, courteous, accurate and consistent with the objectives of the campaign, also relating back to the core values of the Ageing Better Programme.
Media & External Affairs
- To communicate and market Ageing with Pride’s core brand identity and Birmingham LGBTs charitable work to all stakeholders
- To ensure that Birmingham LGBT gets the best deal possible when negotiating space on desired marketing channels.
- To build and manage relations with media organisations and other stakeholders.
- To be responsible for organising Ageing with Pride’s marketing activities and events in accordance with the Marketing and Communications plan.
- To ensure all outgoing messages are consistent with the overall Communications and Marketing objectives and accurate.
- To attract consistent and positive media coverage for the charity’s work.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post
- To be largely self-servicing, undertaking administrative tasks as appropriate.
- To work with the Wellbeing Services Manager to identify own training and development needs and undertake such training.
- To take an active role in staff meetings and supervision.
- To participate in research and evaluation programmes.
- To participate in funding bids and tenders if required.
- To work within policies, procedures and budgets set by the Birmingham LGBT’s Board, including the Confidentiality and Equal Opportunities policies.
- To carry out other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- To prepare for, and attend, regular supervision, and annual appraisal.
- To be aware of, and work within, Health and Safety legislation.
- The ability to work flexible hours. This post requires some evening and weekend work