Social Media & Marketing Skills For Community GroupsPosted on 28-06-2017 by Sidney (Events Coordinator)
Diving into the world of social media can be overwhelming but it’s a free, simple and effective way to promote your group/organization.
Who is the course for?
The course is for anyone who might wish to upgrade the social media and marketing skills in order to attract more membership & engagement in community groups.
The course which will be delivered by Jessica Birtwistle – the Marketing & Box Office Manager at The Old Rep (Birmingham), offers a crash course in the basics of the big three social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Time: Saturday 22nd/07/2017 (10-1pm) & a follow up session on Thursday 27th/07/2017 (6-8pm)
Place: Training Room, Birmingham LGBT Centre
The workshop will be divided into two separate sessions, a three-hour session on Saturday and a two-hour session on Thursday .
You will learn:
• How to create an account or page (if you don’t have one already)
• How/when/what to post on each platform
• How to interact with your followers and the wider community
• How to boost your following
• Why social media can be so valuable to your organisation
• How to schedule posts for the most engagement
• How to interpret insights and data to improve your reach
• How to recognise and establish your ‘voice’
• Why & how to use social media adverts to reach a new audience
You will need to bring:
• A fully-charged smartphone, tablet or laptop. If you are unable to bring any of these, speak to a member of the LGBT Centre team.
• Login details and passwords for your organisation’s social media account
If you are interested in this course and would like to be registered onto it, please email the Events Coordinator at email@example.com.
There are limited places available, register early to avoid disappointment.