Next Bollywood Dance Class 25 NovemberPosted on 06-11-2017 by Sarah Hinksman
Bollywood Dance at the Birmingham LGBT Centre
Saturday, 25th November, will see the next free Bollywood dance sessions at the Birmingham LGBT Centre.
The class runs from 4:30-6pm.
Our Bollywood dance teacher, Sneha, says: “I have immense respect, and have learnt a lot from different dance forms – but what I love about, and what keeps bringing me back to Bollywood is, that it has an element of fun and storytelling to it. At the end of learning a routine, you don’t just learn the moves and have a fantastic workout, but you’ve devised a piece, a performance! The music always help brighten your mood, and encourages everyone, irrespective of abilities to join in!”
See what fun you are in for by checking out videos on Twitter @SnehaSingh
The remaining dates are
- 25th November
- 9th December
- 16th December
Come when you can – you don’t need to commit to all of them!
If you fancy a workout on Sunday too, don’t forget about our boxercise class.
(And there’s a whole body workout on Monday, yoga and table tennis on Tuesdays, pilates and hula on Wednesdays, line dancing on Thursdays and yoga on Fridays – plus lots of sport and activities around the city – take a look at the list and get moving!)
Further information (for those who like detail!)
- If it’s your first time coming to one of our classes, come along a few minutes early to sign in and find your way.
- When you arrive, come through the main doors and press the buzzer beside the door on the right – let them know you’re here for bollywood dancing.
- Wear something you can get sweaty and move around in.
- There are changing facilities and toilets, but not showers, at the centre.
- It’s a good idea to bring a bottle of water. There’s a water fountain just outside the Vault fitness studio.
- This class is funded by the Activate project, supported by Sport England.
- Occasionally there have to be changes to classes so do follow us on Twitter for the latest information.
Got questions? Send them to email@example.com